DEADLINE EXTENDED TO MONDAY 19 SEPTEMBER AT 9AM
Young Canada works New Graduate Internship
Duration: 7 hours/day, 5 days/week for 24 weeks
Start and end date: 30 September 2022 to 31 March 2023
Rate of pay: $21.00/hour
Language: Fluent in English
Reporting to: Katie Belcher, Director/Curator, Access Gallery
The Publication Assistant will work closely with the Director/Curator to develop and execute a publication project under the working title PARCEL. This anthology features work by collectives, organizations, and independent artists, writers, curators, and researchers contributing myriad perspectives on cultural relationships to land. In addition to this project, they will work closely with the Project Coordinator, the Board of Directors, visiting curators, and participating artists to coordinate the gallery’s exhibitions. This is an opportunity not only to learn about the inner workings of an artist-run centre, but to do so through the development of an autonomous project with support of an established organization.
Access Gallery is a certified Living Wage Employer and is committed to employment equity for all prospective employees regardless of national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability. Recognizing the impacts of colonialism, white supremacy, and all forms of systemic oppression, particularly in connection to land use and cultural production in this neighbourhood, we are working broadly in our organizational work, and specifically within our programming, to de-centre whiteness and nurture artists in meaningful ways. Applications from artists with lived experience as Black, Indigenous, racialized, Deaf, disabled, neurodivergent, and Queer/LGBTQIA2S+ will be prioritized throughout the review process.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Qualifies for Young Canada Works as a graduate (required), and has:
- effective communication and writing skills;
- excellent organizational skills;
- a resourceful work ethic;
- experience working or volunteering in a gallery context and/or with community initiatives;
- the ability to work both independently and as part of a team;
- career aspirations within the cultural milieu;
- some experience working within a budget;
- technical expertise related to computer design work and image management;
- flexible schedule: is adaptable, and able to work evenings or weekends.
Please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: REF: YCW Program 2022 by Friday 16 September at 9am. Applications not received in this process (i.e. applications sent directly through the YCW website) will not be reviewed. However, if this application process is a barrier and you require accessibility accommodations, please contact Katie directly.
For more information, and to apply please contact: