We're thrilled to open our doors this summer to share our programming with you. Access is operated by limited staff, and in order to keep everyone safe within our capacity, we ask that you respect our COVID-19 safety procedures when you visit the gallery. Drawing on recommendations from Worksafe BC, but also considering our limited staffing capacity, we are implementing the following procedures:
- We are changing our hours to accommodate for extra responsibilities for the staff and to ensure some evening hours in an effort to reduce Saturday visitor-load. We will be open Tuesday to Saturday from 12 to 5pm.
- Until further notice, Access will unfortunately not be hosting in person gatherings and events such as openings, talks, tours, etc.
- To ensure that a small number of people can not only safely be in our space, but also experience the exhibition as installed without crowding, we will be starting with a limit of 6 visitors at one time. If your social bubble is larger than 6 (i.e. a larger family or household, a two-household, workplace group, etc.), please be in touch to book a time to visit off hours, which we're happy to accommodate.
- Although you are still welcome to purchase our publications and totes, they will not be available for browsing.
- Although it is prohibited—as usual—to touch the art in our space, we respectfully remind you to wash your hands, and use good hygiene practices in order to keep common items such as doors, as safe as possible for our staff and visitors. Hand sanitizer will be available at the entrance for before and after your visit.
- Masks are required for entry to the gallery, and as such, we'll provide disposable masks should you forget yours at home when you visit. If you cannot for medical reasons wear a mask, or if you are immunocompromised and prefer to visit alone, please email Rebecca at email@example.com and she will do her best to accommodate you in a way that feels secure for everyone.
- Our washroom is not currently accessible to the public, except in emergencies.
- We will have a physical barrier at our administrative desk, to give our staff a reprieve from their mask. Although we miss you dearly, we ask that we all keep chatting to a minimum for now.
We're so glad to be open again and look forward to seeing—the upper half of—your faces.